Monday, February 23, 2009

The LONGEST WEEKEND EVER!!!

Bailey has been sick for almost all of her little life. We have been on house arrest for almost 5 weeks because she has RSV. Well I though she was doing all better.. No coughing, No runny nose, No breathing treaments. I was so Happy to have a heathly baby again. She was 3 weeks late at getting her 4 months shots, because she had been sick. So after her being better for a couple of days, I decided to take her in to get her shots. That was last Tuesday!! Since Tuesday, she has just gone down hill.

So Friday night, I called her doctor's after hour thing. I spoke with a nurse and she told me several things to do to help Bailey. She told to take Bailey into the BASELINE office Saturday morning, they had walk-in's available. So Friday night seemed like it would never end. I paced my house probably several hundred times tring to calm Bailey down, and hoping she would eventually fall asleep. Saturday morning came and we headed off to the doctor. Well we arrived at the Baseline office, **NO ONE WAS THERE**. Frustrated I called the after hours doctor again and a nurse answered and told me they were at the UNIVERSITY OFFICE in Mesa. So we headed to that doctors office.

**Bailey by this point looked like she was dying. Her eyes were red and sagging from no sleep. She was weezing really bad, and her nose was totally clogged. She had a Fever over 102 degree's, and to top it all off she was coughing.

We walked into the doctors office and a long story short, they told us they were done for the day and wouldnt see Bailey. They told me to just book an apt for MONDAY!! By this point I was not only tired from 2 days of NO SLEEP, BUT I WAS MAD!!! I just left the office. **I WILL BE CHANGING DOCTORS** Anyways, all of that, ended us up in the HOSPITAL Saturday Morning.

We arrived at the hospital and immediatley they placed Bailey on a breathing machine. She then had tubes stuck up her nose and down her throat. They would then suction her and put a tube WAY up her nose and force it down her throat and cause her to almost choke!! It was so SAD
:( I HATE WHEN MY BABY IS SICK!!

Eventually they got her breathing under control. This was all in the ER. Eventually a room opened up in the Pedeatric unit and Bailey was place in the room. I dont think they could of made the room any SMALLER!!

There was only a crib... (It looked like a Jail) and 2 chairs. Well eventually they day passed and the night came. Bailey had been screaming all day long. Everytime she would cough it would hurt her so bad and she would just let out an exhausted "help me" cry :(

1am came and Bailey still hadnt stop cring. By this time she had really gotten the nurses attention. The nurses eventually figured out that her IV's were clotted / clogged. They took the IV's out of her and let me walk her around for awhile to calm her down. She calmed down and then even let me nurse her!! Instantly she fell asleep :) It was the first time she had slept in over 20hrs.

Ontop of all of this.. We just happened to be in the hospital the 1 night that the electricity was going to be shut off. Banner Desert is opening a new childrens unit and in order to test the new unit they had to take the existing unit off of the power grid or it would make all the lights in MESA turn off. So at 11pm all the lights went off and we were stuck working in the dark with a little flash light.

Wow it had been along couple of days.

I got Bailey to sleep and placed her in her crib. Vance and I both sat down in the little chairs that were in the room and Vance said to me "What are we gunna do now?" We were both so exhausted. I think I was delirious. I dont know how I was still functioning. I told Vance to go ask 1 of the nurse's for a couple of pillow's, so we could try and sleep. She sent Vance back to the room and told him to check in the closet. (We didnt even know there was a closet in the room.) Vance came back in the room and opened the closet--SURPRISE-- There was NOTHING in it. So he went out a second time tring to find some pillow's. This time he succeeded and came back with 2 pillows.. 1 was flat as a board and the other was plush. He gave me the plush one.

All this sudden the room got very very cold and we had no blankets or anything. Curled up in a ball and shivering tring to sleep **WITH NO LUCK I MIGHT ADD** a different nurse came in our room. She offered us blankets and some socks (I had flip flops on). She came back and brought us some blankets. Exhausted and not being able to sleep, I put the pillow and the floor and took a blanket and laid on the floor. Vance sat in 1 chair and used the other chair as a foot rest. I did get a little sleep --maybe an hour or two total--

Now the sun was rising and is was Sunday Morning. Bailey seemed to be doing a little better. They came in almost every hour through out the night and did breathing treaments and suctions ect... Her fever was gone and it seemed that she was breathing pretty good on her own. As the day progressed Bailey's breathing treaments were becoming less frequent and she didnt need to be suctioned near as much. Sunday evening came and the doctor asked us if they sent us home with a breathing unit, did they think we would be OK. We both said yes and we were able to come home Sunday night.

Bailey is still very sick and I have a feeling we will be on house arrest for another month or so. But I am glad to be out of the hospital and back home. Hopefully she will get all better and be a Happy Girl again!!

**HOPE YOUR WEEKEND WAS BETTER THAN OUR'S** :)

Photobucket
In the ER Bailey with all the IV's in her arm (It looks like a Cast on her arm). Also that is oxygen up her nose.. She kept ripping it out so the nurses had to tape it to her face :(

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Amanda, I am SO SO SORRY. I feel horrible that Bailey has been so sick. That is AWFUL about the doctors' office not seeing her. I'm sorry you and Vance had to sleep crappy too. PLEASE let us know what we can do to help you. Do you want dinner some time? I miss seeing you guys.

Vance & Amanda Williams said...

Oh thanks so much. It has been rough around here. Everytime I think Bailey is getting better it is like she takes a turn for the worse. Yeah if you would like to bring us dinner, that would be Great. Just call or email me and let me know. Thanks :)

Shannon said...

I am so sorry to hear all that Amanda. There is definately nothing worse than seeing your child sick! I definately feel like this year has been horrible for everyone with sickness. We have been hit so hard too and I definately know the feeling of days and days of no sleep! I know I live probably an hour from you too, but I can bring you dinner too. Don't even worry about it, just tell me when you need it and I will bring it!!!!!!!!

Joey and Ashley said...

Poor Little Bailers!!! She needs to stay away from me this week because now Im sick now too! UGH! :)

r+s+a laney said...

I'm sorry to hear about your darling one :( I miss the Vennards. I'm so excited for Ash's little girl.

Things are great here in Provo, haha I actually can't wait to get out of here. The snow is driving me nuts.

Tell Vance hi. You guys are great!

EmilyMillanes said...

I know you ended up back in the hospital again with poor little Bailey. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Love you guys.