Tuesday, March 3, 2009

PROPS TO EVERY MOM!!!!!

How do moms do it? I have just 1 baby and think sometimes that I can't do this mom thing anymore. Being a mom has to be the absolute most selfless thing in the whole world. When a baby enters into your life, I hate to break it to you but your life is OVER. A whole new world begins and boy oh boy is it crazy. Being a mother has taught me to forget about myself and focus on someone else. The highlight of my days often come when I just get to take a shower. Since I have been a mom the following have stopped:
*Daily Gym Goer
*Tanning
*Friday Salon Days- Nails Done- Pedicure
*Upkeeping the Hair- Wow my roots are bad
*Doing hair and make-up daily-- I feel bad for my husband- Most the time I look like a homeless bum
*Shopping Sprees
*Random Naps because I feel like it
*Friday Lunches with the girls
*Friday night Date night

I traded all of that for vomitting, diaria, fequent doctor visits, hospital visits, sleepless nights, screaming, cring, headaches. frustration, and much more...

HOWEVER--In a very strange way... I wouldnt have it any other way.

I have never experienced so much love in my life as I have being a mom.

Some how GOD has blessed me and I mean truly blessed me to do without!

OF COURSE- I would still love to get my hair and nails done every once in awhile and do some stuff for myself. But I have been blessed to be content in oversized sweat pants, no make-up, knotted hair, and hairy legs occasionally.

This morning a nurse from Banner Desert Hospital to let me know the result of Bailey's Urine test!!

IT'S OFFICIAL--- Bailey's has a fused labia and a Urinary Tract Infection

So Here Is Our NEW Schedule.. IT'S CRAZY!!

8am- Steam shower, wrap her up and go outside for 2 minutes-- something about the fresh air on thier little steamed bodies seems to help.
8:30am- Saline drops up the nose and suction
8:35am- Breathing treatment
8:40am- Time to Eat
9:00am- Saline drops up the nose and suction
9:05am- 2ml of Antibiotics for the UTI
9:10am- Put on Cream for fused labia
9:20am- Pat chest and back for 15min to loosen up mucus
9:40am- Nap
11:00am- Time to Eat
11:20am- Saline drops up the nose and suction
12:00pm- Take a bath :)
12:30pm- Breathing treatment
1:00pm- Put on Cream
1:30pm- Time to Eat
2:00pm- Saline drops up the nose and suction
2:30pm- 2ml of Antibiotics for the UTI
2:45pm- Nap
3:50pm- Saline drops up the nose and suction
4:00pm- Time to Eat
4:30pm- Breathing treatment
5:00pm- Put on Cream
6:00pm- Time to Eat
6:30pm- 2ml of Antibiotics for the UTI
8:00pm- Time to Eat
8:30pm- Breathing treatment
9:00pm- Steam Shower
9:30pm- Put on Cream
10:00pm- Time to Eat
10:30pm- 2ml of Antiobiotics for the UTI

11pm --------- MOM CRASHES AND CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! :)

Do it all through the NIGHT and again the next day, and the day after that and the day after that!!

**ALSO SOMEWHERE IN THERE IS A VOMITTING BABY- SO CLEAN UP VOMIT AND OF COURSE CHANGE DIRTY DIAPERS.
**ALSO MAKE BREAKFAST, LUNCH, AND DINNER.
**NOT TO MENTION CLEAN THE HOUSE AND DO THE LAUNDRY.
**OH AND OF COURSE KEEP THE VAPORIZE ON BAILEY ALL DAY AND NIGHT LONG NO MATTER WHERE SHE IS

I LOVE BEING A MOM!!! I REALLY DO!!!

5 comments:

EmilyMillanes said...

You put it so well... giving up everything, but loving it! Maybe one of these weeks we will go get our nails done! I love you guys so much! Be strong!

The Mortensen Family! said...

I'm so sorry she is so sick. I know what ur going through, it's NO fun. Being a mom is such a reward but oh so hard at times. I hope Bailey gets better fast so you can enjoy the real joys of being a mommy!

The Van Fam said...

Hey Amanda! Wow that is quite the schedule... when Connor had RSV our schedule looked a lot like that. I really did have to write up a schedule just so I wouldn't forget anything because Trey was sick at the same time and I didn't want to confuse any of their breathing treatments etc. Anyway, being a mom really is the best thing ever its just tough when they are sick. I hope she feels better soon!

The Scott Family said...

That is a bummer she has been so sick. It is no fun for you! If you need anything you have lots of us that would love to help. It will get better, and time will seem to fly by. Miss seeing you!

Lauren said...

Hi there, sweetie! :) I miss seeing your gorgeous face. I need to come see you! Thanks for your comment. Yes, booty camp is good. There are 12 of us and it's at the Willows! If you ever can come, just do it! Let me know when I can come see you and bring you a treat. Loves...